Well , we had only 3 days to enjoy the fun and hint of still a christmas time in Venice. knowing this, the worst thing you can do is shaking with cold and not enjoying the time, so below I put the list of stuff which helped me and my husband survive:
– ski warm pads for your feet and hands(to purchase in any sport store)
– ski gloves(I had 2 fingers ones which are the best)
– warm clothes I had the winter jogging long sleeve top and pants.
– warm shoes( do not take high heals for Heaven sake)
– hat (ski one for guys) any other for girls
– sun glasses
– bag which you can wear cross your arms
– camcorder, camera and CHARGED batterie
– eat in restaurants where 3 course is above 17 euro.
– drink hot chocolate in chain called Majoran. Chocolate is 2 euros and it is very thick and delicious!
– not true that you only eat pasta and pizza- try sea food and fish-different types. You will love the experience.
– do eat desserts.No one else does Tiramisu like Italians.
You better ensure that the suitcase you are taking i big.
Buy masks ,best 2 or 3 which you can frame and hang in a salon.Do buy from little boutiques where the owner makes them.
Hotel – hmm….has to be by Saint Mark Place!!
Do take a lot of off rout tours and you will see the real italians and their life.
oh if you are coming back during the week, ensure that next day you are off from work:)