Hello Everyone !
I have yet another delicious recipe from my sister Ania.This time Crusty Croissants, based on yeasts!
1 / 2 kg of flour
250 g of butter
5 dag fresh or dry yeasts
5 g of baking powder
1 / 4 cup of milk
2,5 tablespoons ofsour cream
2, 5 tablespoons of sugar 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla sugar or vanilla essence
1 egg yolk (to finish of the croissants, before baking)
- In a tall bowl or pot dissolve the yeasts in the milk along with the sugar and 1 tablespoon of flour.
- Cover the bowl and allow the mixture to grow for 5 minutes .
- In the meantime put the rest of the ingredients in a big bowl. When the yeast’s mix is ready put it with the rest of the ingredients;
- Next, cover the bowl with table cloth and leave it to grow. The dough is ready when you see cracks on top of it.
- Place the dough on a flat surface and using the roller-pin flatten the dough to 0.5-0.7cm thickness and cut 10 cm long triangles.
- Put a spoon of jam/chocolate spread or piece of fruit on the wide side of the triangle and roll it forming the half-moon croissant shape.
- Smear the tops of the croissants with a beaten egg yolk( for the colour) and place them in the oven ( middle level).
- Set the oven for 170 degrees ( top, bottom heating ) and bake for 20 to 30 minutes or if using therm-heating function then 20 minutes;
‘til the next one
Iza…on behalf of her beautiful sister Ania 🙂